Love the great outdoors? We’ve got just the job for you!
As we are in the midst of summer, it’s understandable that sleep patterns around the globe could be negatively affected. However, at Sleep Junkie our goal is to ensure every person is able to get a good night’s sleep – so, we’ve decided to try and get to the bottom of an ever-more-pressing question: ‘How do I get the best night’s sleep?’
In the next part of our quest to unravel this question, we want to see how sleeping outside impacts people. For this study, we’re on the lookout for a family of four to go on a three night camping trip, and to give feedback on how spending the night outdoors affected their sleep.
The selected family will be hired to spend three nights at an all expenses paid camping site of their choice, and will receive $1,500 at the end of the study.
The purpose of our study is to find out how outdoor sleeping can affect different people, both physically and mentally, as well as the quality of sleep that people are able to achieve while sleeping outside.
Should you become our resident ‘outdoor sleeping testers’, you’ll be expected to record your experience of sleeping outside, focussing on how outdoor factors, such as temperature, sounds of the wild, and humidity levels affect your sleep. We’re hoping to begin the study at the beginning of September, and would like to have a family lined up by August 14th.
The chosen family will be able to select a campsite of their choice, where they will spend three nights sleeping outdoors and enjoying the amenities provided at the site – we’ll be covering all expenses, including the cost of the stay.
We’ll require that adults from the family compile a report about their family’s sleeping experience at these sites, focusing on; what sleep facilities they brought, how these sleep aids enhanced their sleep, and how outdoor factors, such as temperature, sounds of the wild and humidity levels affected their sleep.
Hopeful adults must be at least 21 years old, speak fluent English and have access to camping equipment. We’re also looking for a family that are not ‘experts’ in outdoor sleeping, so that the study can be authentic when tracking differences in sleeping. The position is open globally, meaning anyone who fits this criteria can apply regardless of their location.
During their application, families must submit a headshot and a link to a 60-second introduction video, where they can talk about why they believe they would be suited for the position.
We’re hoping to begin the study at the beginning of September, and would like to have a family lined up by August 14th – so, if you think this sounds like one for you, please register your interest below:
Dorothy Chambers, of Sleep Junkie, said,
“At Sleep Junkie our mission has always been to improve people’s sleep, regardless of their age, gender or location and this goal has never waivered. That’s why we’re continuing our quest to find the optimal sleeping environments for people universally, and how sleeping outdoors specifically affects people.
“We want to get going with this study before Autumn gets into full swing, so we’re hopeful we can find the right candidates as soon as possible!”
Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Candidates agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- The promoter of this competition is SleepJunkie. Employees of SleepJunkie or their family members or anyone else affiliated with the competition in any manner are not permitted to take part in it.
- Only one entry per family is permitted. Anyone engaging in fraudulent actions by using alternative personal profile details will be disqualified.
- NO ENTRY FEE AND NO ADDITIONAL PURCHASE ARE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. We will NEVER ask for candidates’ money. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by candidates will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- The closing date for entry will be the 12th of August 2021. After this date, any further entries to the competition will be disqualified.
- Winner selection: There will be one winner in total. The winner will be selected by SleepJunkie at its sole discretion. The winner will be required to complete certain tasks created by the SleepJunkie team. If the winner does not follow through with the required tasks, they will not receive the prize.
- Winner notification: The winner will be notified by email within 14 business days after the closing date. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 10 days of the first attempt of contact, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner has an option to remain anonymous if they want to protect their privacy. Either going public or staying anonymous, the choice is theirs to make.
- Prizes are subject to availability. SleepJunkie reserves the right to substitute a prize of the same value in case the original prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- There will be no cash alternative to the position we are offering and the position is not transferable or redeemable.
- Personal data: Use of personal data received in the course of this competition will be in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- SleepJunkie bears no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entering this competition or accepting the prize.