Best Sleep Awareness Week Mattress Sales and Bedding Deals
- Best Mattress Overall: Amerisleep AS3
- Best Pillow Overall: Amerisleep Comfort Classic Pillow
- Best Hybrid Mattress: Zoma Hybrid
- Best Cooling Sheets: Zoma Tencel Sheets
- Best Budget Mattress: Vaya Mattress
- Best Cooling Mattress: Nolah Evolution 15
- Best Mattress for Kids: Nolah Nurture 10
- Best Innerspring Mattress: Saatva Classic
- Best Luxury Mattress: Saatva Solaire
National Sleep Awareness Week is an annual event that aims to do just what it describes, and raise awareness about the importance of sleep health and the impact that sleep has on overall well-being. It’s typically observed during the first full week of March (though in 2024 it is from March 12 to 18) and is organized by the National Sleep Foundation (NSF) in the United States.
The goal of National Sleep Awareness Week is to draw attention to the fact that sleep is a critical component of health and well-being. Getting enough quality sleep is essential for maintaining physical and mental health. Conversely, chronic sleep deprivation can lead to a range of negative outcomes, including increased risk of accidents, decreased productivity, and impaired cognitive function.
By raising awareness about the importance of sleep, National Sleep Awareness Week aims to inspire individuals to prioritize sleep as an essential aspect of self-care and overall health. In the spirit of that aim, we’ve strived to examine some of the top mattress brands and choose the best of the best from their mattress and bedding line-ups.
Many mattress brands follow a tier system of good, better, and best mattresses. However, Amerisleep takes a different approach and strives to ensure that every one of their mattresses could be the best mattress for a particular type of sleeper.
Their numbered line-up also innovates typical memory foam mattresses with eco-friendly, plant-based memory foam. Every Amerisleep mattress is backed with a 100-night trial and a 20-year warranty.
The Amerisleep mattress line-up includes:
- The Amerisleep AS2, a medium-firm memory foam mattress meant for back sleepers, some combo sleepers, and people with back pain.
- The Amerisleep AS3, a medium mattress available as a memory foam or hybrid bed. It’s the company’s best-selling mattress and suits most solo sleepers and couples
- The Amerisleep AS5, a plush mattress that comes in foam and hybrid versions. It works well for side sleepers, plus-sized folks, and people with joint problems and many would consider as the most opulent Amerisleep bed.
- The Amerisleep Organica, a latex hybrid mattress with organic cotton and wool to establish a medium feel that suits most sleep styles.
For National Sleep Awareness week, you can take $450 off Amerisleep mattresses. We also can’t overlook the other specialized bedding Amerisleep offers:
- The Comfort Classic Pillow is made with aerated memory foam. It’s a good option for all types of sleepers, including side, back, and stomach sleepers.
- The Dual Comfort Pillow features a reversible design with two different sides, one with a soft feel and the other with a firm feel.
- The Flex Pillow has a shredded foam fill to maximize breathablity and make it easier for sleepers to adjust the pillow to their liking.
- The Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+ is a premium adjustable bed base that can be customized to fit your needs and preferences. It features a range of advanced features that make it a great option for those who want to elevate their sleeping experience those who want to make living with a medical condition like sleep apnea easier.
- The Amerisleep Lift mattress topper can bring new life to an older mattress with its soft or firm feels.
Zoma is a mattress brand that specializes in creating mattresses designed to help people achieve restful and restorative sleep. Their mattresses are constructed using a combination of gel-infused memory foam that is designed to provide pressure relief and help regulate body temperature, with underlying Reactiv™ transition foam, and supportive coils or foams.
All their mattresses are made in the USA and come with a risk-free 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty. The Zoma mattress line-up includes:
- The Zoma Hybrid is a pocketed coil mattress with cooling gel memory foam. The coils are responsive and support the body in most sleep positions.
- The Zoma Start is an inexpensive all-memory foam mattress that provides the similar advantages as other Zoma beds. Many types of sleepers can enjoy its medium firmness.
- The Zoma Boost relies on a thicker foam top than what the Zoma Hybrid or Start offer, pairing quilted soft foam with graphite-infused foam and individually wrapped coils.
Every Zoma mattress is discounted by $150 for Sleep Awareness Week. In addition to their mattresses, Zoma also offers pillows, sheets, and other bedding products designed to promote better sleep:
- The Zoma Pillow features a cooling design with airy shredded foam fill.
- The Zoma Body Pillow is the perfect complement for side sleepers.
- The Zoma Tencel Sheets are an eco-friendly way to wrap up and stay cool at night.
Vaya is a mattress brand that offers high-quality foam mattresses at an affordable price. Their mattresses are designed with a top layer of proprietary Vaya Comfort Foam that provides pressure relief and contouring support, while the base layer offers durable support and prevents sagging. Vaya mattresses come with a 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty. Additionally, Vaya offers free shipping and returns within the contiguous United States.
There are two mattresses in the Vaya line-up:
- The Vaya Mattress is a foam mattress that features two layers of foam — a Vaya Comfort Foam layer for pressure relief and a Vaya Support Foam layer for support. It has a medium firmness level and is ideal for all sleeping positions.
- The Vaya Hybrid is a 14-inch hybrid mattress that features a Vaya Comfort Foam layer with extra cotton cushion, a layer of individually wrapped coils for support, and a base layer of high-density foam for durability.
All Vaya mattresses are discounted by $300 for Sleep Awareness Week. We also recommend the Vaya Pillow is an affordable way to replace an old pillow with a new, comfy shredded foam-filled one.
Nolah is a mattress brand that specializes in producing eco-friendly and high-quality foam mattresses. Their mattresses are made largely using their proprietary AirFoam™ technology, which is designed to offer superior pressure relief, cooling, and comfort, along with other CertiPUR-US® certified foams. However, Nolah also carries natural latex mattresses, too.
Nolah’s mattress line-up includes:
- The Nolah Original 10 is a memory foam mattress that features a proprietary AirFoam layer for pressure relief and support. It has a medium firmness level and is suitable for most sleeping positions.
- The Nolah Natural 11 is a hybrid mattress that features an organic cotton cover and a layer of natural latex for added comfort and support. It has a medium feel and is ideal for side and back sleepers.
- The Nolah Signature 12 is a softer memory foam mattress that’s perfect for side sleepers.
- The Nolah Evolution 15 is a luxurious cooling mattress available in three different firmensses.
- The Nolah Nurture 10 is a mattress for kids with Talalay latex, organic cotton and organic wool, and two-sided flippable firmnesses. Perfect for parents who want to give their child a safe mattress with natural materials.
Their mattresses come with a 120-night sleep trial and a lifetime warranty. For a deeper discount this Sleep Awareness Week, you can remove the sleep trial before checkout.
We also have to give a shout-out to some of Nolah’s top bedding products:
- The Nolah Weighted Blanket can help sleepers relax at night, particularly if they have anxiety.
- The Nolah Bamboo Comforter uses natural materials to keep you warm and cool as needed.
Saatva is a luxury mattress brand that offers a range of high-quality mattresses at affordable prices. They use premium materials such as organic cotton, Talalay latex, sturdy steel coils, and high-density memory foam to create top-shelf mattresses.
Many of Saatva’s mattresses are also available in multiple firmness levels and come with a range of features such as adjustable firmness, cooling technology, and motion isolation. Additionally, Saatva offers free white-glove delivery, a 365-night sleep trial, and a lifetime warranty on their mattresses.
Here is a quick look at Saatva’s most prominent mattresses:
- The Saatva Classic is a modern twist on the traditional innerspring mattress, with coil-on-coil support. It comes in three firmness levels and is suitable for all sleeping positions.
- The Saatva Loom & Leaf is a memory foam mattress that is available in two firmness levels, Relaxed Firm and Firm. It features multiple layers of high-density memory foam, including a gel-infused cooling layer, to provide pressure relief and contouring support.
- The Saatva HD is a hybrid mattress designed specifically for heavier people. It features a high-durability coil support system, high-density foam layers, and a reinforced edge support for extra durability and support.
- The Saatva Solaire is an adjustable air mattress that allows you to customize the firmness level to your liking using a remote control. It features multiple air chambers, foam layers, and a breathable organic cotton cover for comfort and support. It also has a built-in massage feature for added relaxation.
- The Saatva Zenhaven is a dual-sided latex mattress. The organic cotton cover is also breathable and hypoallergenic, making it a great choice for those with allergies or sensitivity to synthetic materials.
- The Saatva Youth Mattress features two different feels, one side for younger children and the other for older children up to age 12.
- Similarly, the Saatva Crib Mattress featured dual-sided comfort for babies. After all, it’s important to start good sleeping habits young.
Choosing the Right Mattress
Shoppers have a range of mattress types to consider, with many deciding between the main four types:
- Memory foam mattresses are made of high-density polyurethane foam that conforms to the shape of your body, providing pressure relief and support. They are known for their ability to contour to the body, reducing pressure points and relieving pain. They also have good motion isolation, making them a great choice for couples.
- Latex mattresses are made of natural or synthetic latex foam, which is known for its responsive bounce and durability. They offer a mildly firm yet comfortable sleeping surface and are great for those who want a cooler sleeping experience.
- Innerspring mattresses are made of steel coils that provide support and durability. They are known for their traditional, bouncy feel and come in a range of firmness levels. They are also good for those who tend to sleep hot, as they allow for good air circulation.
- Hybrid mattresses combine the benefits of memory foam and innerspring mattresses, providing both support and pressure relief. They typically have a layer of memory foam or latex on top of a layer of coils. Hybrid mattresses are great for those who want a balance of support and comfort.
When it comes to the right mattress firmness, it’s helpful to consider your sleeping position:
- Mattresses for side sleepers should offer soft to medium feels.
- Mattresses for back sleepers often have a medium-firm feel, though medium or a true firm can also work.
- Mattresses for stomach sleepers should have firm feels to minimize spinal sinkage.
- Mattresses for combination sleepers should have a balanced medium to medium-firm feel.
Other Mattress Sales of the Year
- Best MLK Day Mattress Sales
- Best Presidents Day Mattress Sales
- Best Memorial Day Mattress Sales
- Best 4th of July Mattress Sales
- Best Labor Day Mattress Sales
- Best Columbus Day Mattress Sales
- Best Black Friday Mattress Sales
- Best Cyber Monday Mattress Sales
Frequently Asked Questions
What is National Sleep Awareness Week?
National Sleep Awareness Week is an annual event that takes place in March. It’s intended to promote the importance of getting enough sleep and raise awareness about sleep disorders and their impact on our health. The overall month of March is also considered National Sleep Awareness Month.
How much sleep should adults be getting each night?
Adults should aim to get between 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night, although individual needs can vary. Some very athletic individuals may need more sleep than others, and there are rare individuals known as ‘long sleepers’ who sleep more than 9 hours per night.
If you feel alert, focused, and energized, and can easily complete your daily tasks without feeling excessively sleepy, then you likely got enough sleep.
How important is a good mattress for a good night’s sleep?
A good mattress is essential for a good night’s sleep. It should provide adequate support and cushion for your body to help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Ideally, you wake up feeling better in the morning than when you went to bed.
What kind of bedding should I use for a comfortable sleep environment?
Soft, breathable bedding made of natural materials like cotton, linen, or bamboo can help create a comfortable sleep environment. These materials are good at regulating temperature, so you should never feel too hot or too cold. Additionally, choosing the right pillow and blanket for your sleeping position and temperature preferences can also help improve your quality of sleep.
How can I improve my sleep hygiene?
Improving your sleep hygiene involves developing healthy habits and behaviors that promote quality sleep. This includes sticking to a consistent sleep schedule, avoiding caffeine and overeating before bed, and creating a relaxing sleep environment free of distractions.
Many sleepers also find they benefit from switching off electronics an hour or two before bed, unwinding instead with a small craft, a traditional book, or a warm bath.
Sleep deprivation can have a range of consequences, from minor inconveniences to drastically severe and life-changing effects. So it’s important to make sure bad sleep habits aren’t left unchanged and unchallenged. That’s why the National Sleep Foundation’s aim is to teach others how to better their sleep habits and hygiene with National Sleep Awareness Week.